Boy did he have fun throwing it in the air and catching it.
That's when inspiration hit me an octopus. Well okay I could have just given him some old gloves but where would the fun be for me in that. I had an old sweater that I loved the colours of and was loathed to throw away so I had my material.
I cut the hood off then drew a rough Octopus shape before cutting out.
The hood was lined with the same material in plain grey which meant I had four layers.
I'm an impatient stitcher and tend to sew without tacking (bad me).
I stitched the two layers of the tentacles together but not the head yet, I then turned the tentacles right side out and joined the striped bits of the head together then turned then the right side out.
Sam waiting patiently.
I added some eyes just for effect though they probably won't last long with Sam.
I then stuffed the head lightly but not the tentacles as I wanted to mimic the lightness of the glove.
I tucked in the excess material to strengthen the head (hopefully last a bit longer).
Then hand stitched the seam.